CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

Self signed certificates?

Hi,

I am trying to set up my own cosign server and login server, and am trying to make it work with a self-signed certificate for now. I am wondering what it takes for me to get this to work. It would seem that nothing I try seems to work. I get the following error:

snet_starttls: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failedcosign_choose_conn: no connection to servers.

I read in your documentation that SSL errors are some of the most difficult, and I have tried just about every variant of self signing I could do. Sorry if what I am asking sounds vague.

And even when I go to get a certificate signed by a Thawte or somebody, is that something that really is beneficial?

Thanks,

Ray