Excluding a directory from the cosign filter

I currently have Cosign configured to protect an entire directory.  In the
services section of my cosign.dll.config file, I have a single entry:

Is there a way to exclude a subdirectory, something like:

I'm running IIS6 on a Win2K3 server.

My purpose for asking is that I want to make one section of our intranet
publicly accessible.  I could make it available to people with friend
accounts, but that creates a fairly significant barrier to someone needing
the information immediately.

As a related question, if I am able to exclude a specific directory form
cosign protection, will the cosign-related CGI environment variables still
be available if someone has previously logged in?