CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

RE: Using UM certificate for cosign

Konstantin,

1) Apply the Registry fix. Have you done this already?
2) Check your permissions then check them again then ask somebody else to double-check for you. Restart IIS then try to access your web site. The permissions are varied and plenty and many have stumbled because of it. :) When you access the web site this will actually cause IISCoSign to load. IIS 6.0 doesn't load the filter until it is needed.
3) I assure you, people have Windows 2003/IIS6 with IISCosign up-and-running *besides me*!
4) dbmon.exe is a very useful program that IISCosign uses to report non-log-file-worthy events. Run this before restarting IIS to see what IISCosign is up to.

The private and public key is used for RSA public key cryptography. For an overview of how things work, you can check this out: <http://developer.netscape.com/tech/security/ssl/howitworks.html>

--Jarod Malestein
--University of Michigan
--ITCS