CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

RE: Cosign Loop Breaking

Hi all,

I believe the bad configuration is having the action on the login form set
incorrectly (at least this is the one I know about). If the action is set
such that apache redirects (or re-writes the URL) via a GET rather than a
POST it will lose the data attached, and then the CGI displays the login
page.

I agree that this is a case of bad configuration, and perhaps, after further
thought I do not think it would really be worth extra work to detect it. If
the Sys Admin sets it up incorrectly then that is their fault. Perhaps a
good thing would be some detailed installation documentation which would
help this problem (and others) to no end.

Cheers

Brett