Re: Groups and other variables?

> Actually, Brian's observation about apache modules doing both authN and
> authZ applies to mod_authz_ldap as well.  Jo & I patched it so that it
> could be configured to not do authN, instead relying on REMOTE_USER to
> be previously set.  Notes are available here:

I'm planning on playing with that for my next step.

Note: When I set "AuthType Cosign" in my <directory> definition
(that was nested under a HTTP Basic required dir) then it did
not require that HTTP basic auth at all if you went directly
there without first visiting a higher directory, and if you
had already visited a higher directory and supplied your username,
the REMOTE_USER was always set as the Cosign username, so this
alleviated this problem.

Brian Hatch                  Corduroy pillows
   Systems and                make headlines.
   Security Engineer

Every message PGP signed