CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

IIS question on authorization

  • To: "Cosign Discussion" <cosign-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IIS question on authorization
  • From: "Goldrick, Jim" <jgoldrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:45:50 -0500

We have basic cosign 1.6.2 running on an HPUX 11.11 box with Apache 1.3.33.  We are using auth_ldap to authenticate to a Win2K Active Directory.  On Apache everything works fine with Basic Authentication.  However, on the IIS server, everything works fine if I select anonymous access allowed in the IIS Directory Security tab.  But if I select Basic Authentication, I get another login after the cosign login.  Does cosign work with IIS Basic Authentication?   I'm assuming this would allow you to set up authorization groups, however, I know next to nothing about IIS.  If cosign does not work with IIS Basic Authentication selected, any suggestions as to how to set up authorization schemes?  Do you need a separate directory in Apache for each group you want to authorize on the IIS box?

Thanks much!

Jim Goldrick
Judson College
573-335-7074