CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

Re: Cosign, Solaris 9, and Sun CC compiler

Mark Montague wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>

>>That explains it.   Apache 1.3 does not use "libtool".   My problem
>>seems to be an incompatibility between libtool and the Sun CC compiler.
>

> That is strange.  While Apache 1.3 does not use libtool itself,
> I routinely use libtool with the Sun CC compiler.  In fact,
> libsnet, which is a part of the cosign distribution, uses
> libtool.  Is libsnet building correctly for you, or is this
> an Apache 2.0.x specific problem?
>
>                 Mark Montague
>                 The University of Michigan
>                 markmont@xxxxxxxxx

Mark:

Progress has been made by replacing the libtool generated and
installed by apache2 with the version built into the cosign libsnet
directory.

Now it is complaining:

*** Warning: Linking the shared library mod_cosign.la against the
non-libtool
*** objects  mod_cosign.o connect.o cookiefs.o sparse.o
../../common/argcargv.o
../../common/fbase64.o ../../common/mkcookie.o ../../common/rate.o
../../version
.o is not portable!
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/cosign-1.8.5/filters/apache2'

I have placed the complete output of the cosign make at

 /afs/athena.mit.edu/user/j/a/jaltman/Public/cosign.log

and a diff between the Apache and Cosign libtool files at

 /afs/athena.mit.edu/user/j/a/jaltman/Public/libtool.diff

The libtool.orig is Apache and libtool is Cosign.

Thanks for your help.

Jeffrey Altman