Re: Cosign, Solaris 9, and Sun CC compiler

Mark Montague wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>>That explains it.   Apache 1.3 does not use "libtool".   My problem
>>seems to be an incompatibility between libtool and the Sun CC compiler.
> That is strange.  While Apache 1.3 does not use libtool itself,
> I routinely use libtool with the Sun CC compiler.  In fact,
> libsnet, which is a part of the cosign distribution, uses
> libtool.  Is libsnet building correctly for you, or is this
> an Apache 2.0.x specific problem?
>                 Mark Montague
>                 The University of Michigan
>                 markmont@xxxxxxxxx

Progress has been made by replacing the libtool generated and
installed by apache2 with the version built into the cosign libsnet

Now it is complaining:

*** Warning: Linking the shared library against the
*** objects  mod_cosign.o connect.o cookiefs.o sparse.o
../../common/fbase64.o ../../common/mkcookie.o ../../common/rate.o
.o is not portable!
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/cosign-1.8.5/filters/apache2'

I have placed the complete output of the cosign make at

and a diff between the Apache and Cosign libtool files at

The libtool.orig is Apache and libtool is Cosign.

Thanks for your help.

Jeffrey Altman