CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

Re: cosign and LDAP authentication?

> >I originally had Cosign setup that way using Basic Auth (basiccosign) and
> >the auth_ldap module for apache.  Course, you have no logout capability
> >that way, but you can use it for SSO.
>
> Thanks for your reply!  I had totally forgotten about the cosign
> support for Basic Auth.

The reason I wanted to avoid actual basic auth is that I liked having
a webpage that told you where you were going to authenticate, provide
some links to explain Cosign (for the pleasantly paranoid users in our
organization) and, most imporantly, to avoid the problem that browsers
never have a 'log out' for actual Basic authentication.

--
Brian Hatch                  "Eric [Allman] has given many good
   Systems and                thing to the security community,

Every message PGP signed