CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

browser redirection loop

Hi All,

I'm setting up my OS X Server (10.4.2) as a web server with cosign,
and I've come up against a problem.

When I visit my server I'm am redirected to weblogin.umich.edu, and
authenticate normally. But after my browser is sent back to my
server, the browser is redirected back to weblogin, creating a loop.

With each iteration of the redirection loop, this error is printed to
my apache error log:

  mod_cosign: netcheck_cookie: snet_writef failed

My browser times-out after a few bounces (Firefox prints an error
about possible cookie writing trouble). My cookie settings aren't that
strict and I've tried this with three different browsers, so I don't
think it's a browser problem. Cookies are set in my browser for both
my server and weblogin.umich.edu.

Where should I look to fix this? My guess is that it's some where
towards the end of the process. I'm happy to send along any other
configuration info.

thanks
-kris

--
Kris Steinhoff
University of Michigan Health Service

Electronic mail is not secure, may not be read every day,
and should not be used for urgent or sensitive issues.