CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

Re: certificate questions

Thanks, Johanna,

I created a cert and sent it off to webmaster for signing, and got the returned certificate. Very fast response time. But now I'm having a problem that perhaps people on this list have seen before. Here's the reply I sent to webmaster after encountering the problem:
-----
I am having a problem with importing the certificate that you sent to me yesterday. I'm following the instructions found in the README.txt file with the JavaCosign code. I copied and pasted the certificate you sent to me, and saved it to a file. I then tried to import it into the keystore with the following command:

keytool -keystore keystore -keyalg "RSA" -import -trustcacerts -file www.umms.med.umich.edu.cer

The error I get is:

keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Failed to establish chain from reply

Do you have an idea what my problem might be?

Thanks, Will

johanna bromberg craig wrote:

since you're at umich, these are our policies//guidelines

1) you're right, the cn is the domain name/hostname, but they don't *have* to match, it is just preferred. The only requirement is that the cn end in umich.edu, feel free to "make up" a hostname.

2) in this case it's the umwebCA, so you should it to webmaster@xxxxxxxxx and ask for a umwebCA signed cert.

-J