CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

Re: certificate questions

On 15 Sep 2005, at 15:01, Will Jaynes wrote:
What I should have done to make it work first time was

1) create a new keystore and a keypair
keytool -genkey -keystore keystore -alias MyNewAlias -keyalg "RSA"
2) generate a certificate signing request
keytool -certreq -keystore keystore -alias MyNewAlias -keyalg "RSA" -file my.host.com.csr
3) send the my.host.com.csr file to um's webmaster
4) import the um CA cert. it's in the cosign distribution called umwebCA.pem.
keytool -import -keystore keystore -keyalg "RSA" -alias umweb - file umwebCA.pem
5) import the signed certificate that I got back from umweb
keytool -import -keystore keystore -keyalg "RSA" -alias MyNewAlias -file returned.certificate.cer

I don't know if the -keyalg "RSA" is actually necessary, but it was part of the directions in the JavaCosign source code.

I'm glad you got this working. Not only will your detailed instructions be stored in the mail list archive, but we will also include them in the Java CoSign README. Thanks!

:wes