CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

status of JavaCosign?

Now that I've gotten a version of JavaCosign working on my development machine, I'd like to better understand the current status of JavaCosign.

The version on the download page (and the one I got working) is 1.0b1. In the cvs repository there are three tagged versions, 1.0b1, 1.0b2, and 1.0. Why does the download page only have the beta2 version? Are these other versions not released/supported/recommended?

There's some Kerberos related stuff in the current code. Is that related to JavaCosign in some way, or can I ignore it?

Who is currently responsible for / working on the JavaCosign code? If I have questions/suggestions who can I talk to?

I'm not yet sure whether the Med School will be using Cosign, but I suspect we will in at least some applications. Since we use the Spring Framework and the Acegi Security framework for Spring, I'll probably be writing an Acegi security provider for Cosign. I imagine this would look a lot like the CAS provider, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll know more when I get back from vacation after next week.

cheers, Will