CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

RE: cosign and kerberos

  • To: "cosign-discuss" <cosign-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: cosign and kerberos
  • From: "Goldrick, Jim" <jgoldrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:22:51 -0500

Ok, after researching some more, I have come to the conclusion that cross-realm authentication in itself won't do the trick.  I read the earler thread "cosign with multiple kerberos realms".  I am wondering if modifying the cgi as such might not work;

1.  Add COSIGNKRB5REALMS to config.h
2.  modify login.c to get the COSINGKRB5REALMS, my thinking is a comma-delimited list.  Also modify it that if there is a list, process in cosign_login_krb by setting the default realm n number of times.  A question is can I just process the if block in cosign_login_krb5 multiple times without having to do anything else?

 if (( kerror = krb5_get_init_creds_password( kcontext, &kcreds,
            kprinc, passwd, NULL, NULL, 0, NULL /*keytab */, &kopts ))) {

3.  If this works possibly check the COSIGNKRB5REALMS for inclusion in krb5_get_host_realm?

any and all comments would be welcome.

thanks much,

jim