CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

RE: Re: cosign question

Are there any side effects of simply deleting all the files in cookiedb?

Since we weren't sure, we wrote  a script that deletes files more than a
day old.  While we were at it we included code to delete cosign log
files older than a week.  This is in a VBS file that is kicked off by
the Scheduled Tasks once a day.

Heres the VBS code:

'This script will delete files in the E:\IISCosign\CookieDB folder that
are older than 24 hours.
'Files in the E:\IISCosign\Logs folder will be removed if they are older
than 7 days

On Error Resume Next
Const DeleteReadOnly = True
Yesterday = Now - 1
LastWeek = Now - 7

set CookieFolder = fso.GetFolder("E:\IISCosign\cookiedb")
set CosignFolder = fso.GetFolder("E:\IISCosign\logs")

Set CookieFiles = CookieFolder.Files
For Each CookieFile in CookieFiles
  If CookieFile.DateLastModified < Yesterday Then
    fso.DeleteFile(CookieFile.Path)
  End If
Next

Set CosignFiles = CosignFolder.Files
For Each CosignFile in CosignFiles
  If CosignFile.DateLastModified < LastWeek Then
    fso.DeleteFile(CosignFile.Path)
  End If
Next