mod_authz_ldap for CoSign

  • To: Cosign Discussion <cosign-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: mod_authz_ldap for CoSign
  • From: Phil Pishioneri <pgp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:29:54 -0500

We're trying to use mod_authz_ldap with the patches in the mod_authz_ldap-NOTES.txt file (Apache v1). Actually, in the uMich version of the notes (mod_authz_ldap-NOTES-UMICH.txt), it says

4) edit your httpd.conf: IMPORTANT! mod_authz_ldap must be loaded *AFTER* mod_cosign, otherwise some very bad, bad things will happen. :)

#this path will vary based on where you house your .so
#mod_cosign must go first!
LoadModule cosign__module libexec/
LoadModule authz_ldap_module libexec/

When we do the config this way (along with the other directives), mod_cosign does not get called before mod_authz_ldap (the redirect for login never even happens on a fresh browser).

If we reverse the order, CoSign login does happen first, but mod_authz_ldap does not have a "user" set (references appear to be a null pointer).

Anyone have suggestions/seen similar problems?