cosign-discuss at umich.edu
general discussion of cosign development and deployment
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
logout when already logged out
- To: Cosign Discussion <cosign-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: logout when already logged out
- From: Phil Pishioneri <pgp@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:36:11 -0400
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040616
During a discussion with one of our graphic folks who is working on our
customized pages, an interesting point came up:
When one is sitting on the verify logout page, and logs out elsewhere
(either a time-out, or by manually going through logout in another
window), and then attempts to logout of the first page, you get an error
page with the message
Logout failed. Perhaps you were not logged-in?
While true at one level, is it really a problem?
If you are actually logged out (vs. some internal problem preventing
logouts), mightn't it be less confusing for the client if the code just
redirected back to the main page (as it does for a successful logout)?