CoSign: Collaborative Single Sign-On
AnnouncementsDiscussion

cosign-discuss at umich.edu

Re: Accessing secure sites

On 28 Jul 2004, at 07:12, Keith Farvis wrote:
Do you have any similar requirements in Michigan and if so, how have
you addressed them?

Very. So far, two cases have been brought to our attention. First is similar to the one you describe. Our plan is to add a cosign server option to indicate that a site requires a password for each registration event. This allows the site to dictate a local idle timeout. Correspondingly, it will allow sites that don't care as much to have very large idle timeouts, without negatively impacting the security of these re-register sites.

The second case, brought by our finance people, is for multi-factor authentication.

:wes