Re: Groups and other variables?

On 03 Mar 2005, at 12:05, Mark Montague wrote:
Quite true - it's just that apache's ldap-based access often does both
of these by virtue of the searches it uses.
Have you tried mod_authz_ldap?  I haven't used this myself,
but it's mean explicitly for authorization, not authentication.

Actually, Brian's observation about apache modules doing both authN and authZ applies to mod_authz_ldap as well. Jo & I patched it so that it could be configured to not do authN, instead relying on REMOTE_USER to be previously set. Notes are available here:

We're (still) waiting for the author to accept or decline our patches.